Tuesday, December 6, 2011

We Should Never Again Use The Expression, 'When Jesus Was On Earth;' Jesus Is Still On Earth

“We should never again use the expression, ‘When Jesus was on earth’ or think of Him as being only in heaven; Jesus is still on earth.” – Fr. John Hardon, S.J.


“He remains among us until the end of the world. He dwells on so many altars...” – Saint Maximilian Kolbe


“While all the sacraments confer grace, the Eucharist contains the author of grace, Jesus Christ Himself.” – Fr. John Hardon, S.J.

“It is there in His Eucharist that He says to me: ‘I thirst...thirst for your love. I thirst for your happiness, for it was to save you that I came into the world, that I suffered and died on the Cross, and in order to console and strengthen you, I left you the Eucharist. So you have there all My life, all My tenderness.’” – Mother Mary of Jesus, foundress of the Sisters of Marie Reparatrice

“To speak of the Blessed Sacrament is to speak of what is most sacred. How often, when we are in a state of distress, those to whom we look for help leave us; or what is worse, add to our affliction by heaping fresh troubles upon us? He is ever there waiting to help us.” – Saint Euphrasia Pelletier, foundress of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quotes! Thanks for sharing them. :-)

    “We should never again use the expression, ‘When Jesus was on earth’ or think of Him as being only in heaven; Jesus is still on earth.” – Fr. John Hardon, S.J.

    That reminds me of this GKC quote:

    "If I am to answer the question, ‘How would Christ solve modern problems if He were on earth today’, I must answer it plainly; and for those of my faith there is only one answer. Christ is on earth today; alive on a thousand altars; and He does solve people’s problems exactly as He did when He was on earth in the more ordinary sense. That is, He solves the problems of the limited number of people who choose of their own free will to listen to Him."

    -GKC, in an article which appeared in Good Housekeeping in 1932

    ReplyDelete